If you’re looking for ways to spruce up your dining room for the holiday season, you’ve come to the right place. From upgrading your dining chairs to getting creative with your table settings, there’s no shortage of ways to make your dining room shine for that special Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner with your family and friends. Let’s take a look at a handful of ideas for three different trending dining room styles: classic, rustic and elegant.
If your idea of perfect holiday décor includes mistletoe, Christmas balls, glittery garlands and red candles, there are plenty of ways to achieve a classic holiday dining room design that’s also on-trend. Here are just a few:
- Chandelier: If your dining room doesn’t already have chandelier-style lighting above the table, now’s the perfect time to add one. It’s sure to bring a warm ambiance and traditional touch to your space.
- Table Runner: A classic table runner adds elegance and instantly upgrades your dining room table by adding texture and contrast. It also makes the table appear longer and neatens the appearance of your table settings and centerpieces. You can’t go wrong with red, white, burlap or a festive pattern.
- Chair Wreaths: Hang a mini wreath from the back of each dining chair for a look that’s classically festive but also unique.
The combination of chic and rustic in interior design is a trend that won’t be leaving anytime soon—and there’s no better time to give your dining room a rustic makeover than the holiday season. Keep décor chic, simple and natural with these ideas:
- Woodsy Accents: Bring a wintry woodland vibe to your dining room with festive table settings like mini potted pine tree centerpieces, wood slice coasters, plaid or burlap fabrics and holly wreaths. Succulents, pine cones, birch logs and other outdoorsy décor is the perfect complement to your rustic holiday dining room.
- White Upholstery: Keep your rustic design from looking too shabby by complementing it with chic white fabrics including white chairs, tablecloths, napkins or curtains.
- Natural Hues: Aside from snowy white, you can create a natural yet festive look in your dining area by using colors you’d find in nature during the holiday season. Soft tan, warm gray and sage green work beautifully with white décor to create a chic and rustic aesthetic.
If you’re looking to host an elegant holiday dinner, your dining room design should reflect a sophisticated style. Thankfully, elegant doesn’t have to mean complicated. With modern dining room design trends, your dining space can be simple, elegant and breathtaking with ideas like these:
- White & Gold: Inspire the holiday spirit in a sophisticated way with white, gold and silver décor that elevates and brightens the room. From Christmas tree ornaments to table settings to centerpieces, these hues create an elegant ambiance.
Upholstered Chairs: If you’re looking for comfortable chairs that have an upscale vibe perfect for your elegant holiday plans, upholstered dining chairs are perfect for the occasion. Chic, elegant and refined, chairs like these bring instant sophistication to your dining room design.
- China Cabinet: Whether your dining room already features a gorgeous china cabinet or you’re looking for a new one, this piece of furniture is sure to add class and elegance to the space. It’s the perfect place for displaying fine china, beautiful dishes or holiday accents to enhance your dining room.