It’s finally spring which means the sun is shining through your windows, giving you a better view of all the dirt that’s been building up the last 12 months.
That’s right, it’s time to give your home a deep clean.
If you’re dreading the process, we understand. Check out our favorite spring cleaning hacks that will hopefully make this year’s spring clean a whole lot easier.
Spring Cleaning Made Easy
- Windows – Try a microfiber cloth and a little water. Chemical cleaners and paper towels leave streaks and a squeegee and bucket is a messy hassle. With a simple microfiber cloth, you’ll get clean streak-free glass in a couple of wipes.
- Blinds – Instead of using a duster to spread dust around, find an old sock, a latex glove, and some white vinegar. Put the glove on first, then the sock over the glove, dip in the vinegar and wipe each slat clean.
- Water stains – Cut a lemon in half and rub it directly on your faucets or shower head to instantly remove water stains.
- Couch – The vacuum is the easiest way to deep clean your furniture and get the crumbs out of all the nooks and crannies. Once you’ve got the sofa vacuumed, give each cushion a once over and spot clean any stains. Use our fabric furniture cleaning guide to identify the right cleaning products.
- Appliances – Stainless steel is supposed to be shiny, remember? If your appliances are covered in fingerprints or just look dull, you can bring them back to life with a mixture of cream of tartar and lemon juice. Wipe the paste on, wait 2 minutes, then wipe it away. Your appliances will shine like new.
- Microwave – Caked on food can be tough to remove. Try heating a small cup of vinegar and lemon juice in the microwave, then used that to wipe the grime away.
- Grout – A mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and a stiff bristle brush are the way to win here. This one will take some time but the results are worth it!
- Exterior – Spring showers can wreak havoc on your home if it’s not maintained. Make sure to protect your home’s exterior by following the steps on this checklist.
We hope these spring cleaning hacks will help make your deep clean this year a little easier. If you have specific questions about how to clean or care for your furniture from The RoomPlace, give us a call at 630.783.8000.