A finished basement in your home is a major bonus when it comes to space. So what do you do with all that extra square footage? We’ve put together a list of five basement decorating ideas that will help you make the best use of your basement space.
- Home Theater – This one’s for all you film buffs out there. If you love watching movies with your friends and family, why not bring that experience to your home! With a sectional sofa, a big screen TV, and some microwave popcorn, you’ll have everything you need for a basement home theater!
- Guest Room – Instead of bumping one of your kids to the couch when grandma comes to visit or fighting with an uncomfortable air mattress, turn your basement into a guest room. With a comfortable bed, a few accent pieces, and the right lighting, your guests will feel right at home.
- Home Office – Whether you work from home full time or part time, having a dedicated space to work from is vital to productivity. If you have limited space upstairs, consider a small office in the basement. A practical desk with storage for papers and files will have you feeling organized and efficient. Check out our recent blog on home office design ideas for small spaces for more small basement ideas.
- Home Bar – If you love to entertain, a home bar is a great way to use your basement space. A well-stocked home bar, some seating, and a way to play music are really all you need to create an awesome entertaining space for you and your friends.
- Man Cave – The man cave is one of the most common ways families across America utilize the basement. With a recliner, a TV, and a mini fridge, the man in your life probably couldn’t think of anything better.
However you decide to furnish your basement, you can Get It All at The RoomPlace! Browse our entire furniture selection online at http://www.theroomplace.com or visit one of our furniture stores in Chicago or Indianapolis.