We spend a third of our lives tucked under the covers so why not invest in a mattress that will make our sleep third comfortable, restful, and restorative? In this blog, The RoomPlace investigates the ins and outs of purchasing and maintaining a new mattress.
Does my mattress need to be replaced?
Replacing old mattresses is important for your comfort, health, and even sanitation. Here are a few important indicators that signal that it’s time to invest in a new mattress:
- You have chronic back pain or wake up with stiffness and cramps
- Your mattress noticeably sags in the middle or feels lumpy
- You have a fitful sleep and wake up feeling unrested
- You often find yourself sneezing—this might be a sign that your mattress is infiltrated with allergens
How can I make my mattress last longer?
Mattresses are an investment. With the right TLC, you can get your money’s worth and a good night’s sleep for years to come. Here are a few important mattress maintenance tips:
- Flip your mattress every three months to ensure it’s getting uniform wear. It’s best to flip it both lengthwise and widthwise.
- Invest in a mattress pad, which will protect it from spills and other accidents. Other mattress accessories, such as a cover, will provide added protection against dust buildup and mites.
- Vacuum your mattress and box spring at least once a month.
These tips will help to stretch the lifeline of your mattress as long as possible. When the time comes to purchase a new one, The RoomPlace provides comfortable, quality options that align with every sleeping preference.
Our mattress buying guide can help you choose between queen and king, memory foam and innerspring, and plush and hard firmness in your next mattress. If you’re looking for a mattress store in Chicago & Indianapolis that will offer great quality at a bargain price, The RoomPlace should be your next destination.